Micro-needling and Skin Needling Brisbane
Micro-needling treatments are less invasive and deliver great results
What is Micro-needling?
Micro-needling (also known as Skin Needling) is a minimally invasive treatment that involves using a device with a single-use, sterile cartridge and 14 small needles. The microneedles puncture the skin to create controlled micro-injuries, which aren’t visible to the naked eye. These punctures stimulate your body’s natural healing response and regenerate tissue using a process called collagen induction therapy.
This treatment will become your new obsession for your skin – it’s that good.
What device do you use?
At About Face Brisbane, we use the SkinPen – the FIRST medical Skin Needling device approved by the TGA and FDA; meaning it is exclusively available at physician-run practices like us. Traditional Micro-needling devices either used oscillating motions or needles with tiny hooks on the ends, in an attempt to create a more aggressive treatment with the ideology of getting better results, faster. These traditional devices had a higher risk of causing adverse effects such as scarring or pigmentation as the punctures in the skin were larger or micro-tears, versus controlled micro-channels.
Why choose us?
- Our staff are fully trained and experienced in the latest vortex technology treatments.
- Your satisfaction is our priority – our expert technician will ensure your skin needs are met with noticeable results.
- We have excellent attention to detail
- Our prices are competitive.
- No downtime – the quick 30-minute procedure means you can enjoy this treatment in your lunch time and walk out a new person!
Patient’s desired outcome: Skin tightening, refine pores, improve texture, even skin tone, and to stimulate collagen.
Process: Mid way through our SkinPen treatment. The redness and inflammation seen is the exact response we want with this treatment – it subsides within 24 hours!
What is the science behind micro-needling:?
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
- Phase 1: Inflammation. Puncturing the skin stimulates your immune system to clean the wounds and to remove debris while increasing blood flow to create new tissue.
- Phase 2: Proliferation. The wound is repaired with new granulation cells, which are components of the extracellular matrix. New network of blood vessels are also developed.
- Phase 3: Remodelling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
What can it treat?
Skin needling treatments can reduce the appearance of:
- Acne scars*
- Surgical scars*
- Fine lines
- Open pores
- Uneven skin texture
- Uneven skin tone*
* A consultation with Dr Campey is required to discuss suitability.
Microneedling vs Laser Resurfacing
Microneedling and laser are very different and can be alternated to address a variety of concerns however, the two technologies aren’t substitutes for each other. Laser penetrates the skin further and can treat skin conditions such as rosacea, sun damage, active acne, warts, milia and more. A consultation allows us to assess your skin thoroughly and provide a recommendation or treatment plan for your individual case.
How much does It cost?
Skin Needling treatments cost $300 per session for a full-face treatment (including GST) and other small areas such as neck or hand are $50 each (including GST).
Payment plans are also available using both ZipPay and ZipMoney. Click here for more information.
Contact us today
This is a perfect event prep or add on treatment to alternate with your regular laser sessions. To make an appointment for a consultation, to find out more about what micro-needling can do for you or to book a treatment, call our helpful staff today on (07) 3482 2999.