Treatment Of Rosacea And Control Associated Symptoms
Rosacea is a very treatable condition
If you suffer from flushing or persistent facial redness, or if you’re sick of your red skin being mistaken for sunburn, there is a solution, which doesn’t involve struggling to find the right makeup to cover it up. About Face Brisbane can help your Rosacea with the latest laser technology.
Our 30-minute non-invasive treatment can dramatically improve the condition of your skin without harsh side effects and no downtime. You will be amazed at the results.
SKIN REDNESS & TREATMENT OF ROSACEA
- Avoid direct sun exposure 2 weeks before & after
- Avoid vitamin A & prescription skincare for 1 week
- No products on skin for appointment (i.e. makeup, artificial tan, moisturiser)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Is Rosacea?
What Are The Symptoms Of Rosacea?
What Triggers The Symptoms Of Rosacea?
The specific triggers which can aggravate this skin condition can vary greatly between patients. It is best to use the list below as a guide to determine your own individual triggers factors, so you know what to avoid to reduce redness or swelling of your face.
The most common triggers are:
- Aggressive skin care products
- Strenuous exercise
- Spicy foods
- Exposure to cold temperatures
- Anger or stress
- Hot baths
What Is The Best Rosacea Treatment?
The treatment involves using a handheld medical grade laser device (Qswitch ND-YAG) which is moved back and forth across the skin on the face. There is a gentle warming sensation. The heat from the laser stimulates collagen regrowth and dilates the capillaries which help to calm the redness and reduce swelling and itching.
Why Do We Use the Qswitch ND-YAG laser for Rosacea Treatments?
- Reduces inflammation
- Removes blood vessels
- Destroys bacteria causing pimples and cysts
- Repairs scarring
- Improves the general health of the skin
- Prevents further complications like skin thickening.
- About Face Brisbane recommends Synergie Skin Care products for Rosacea sufferers. Uberzinc is a particularly good product as it is suitable for extremely reactive and sensitive skin.
How Much Does Rosacea Treatment Cost?
About Face Brisbane also offers our patients zipPay where you sign up for an account at home before treatment or at the clinic after your treatment. You can then apply for up to $1000 credit with no interest on payments making laser Rosacea treatment more affordable for everyone.
How Is Rosacea Diagnosed?
Are There Different Types Of Rosacea?
Yes, there are 4 main types of Rosacea:
- Erythematotelangietatic Rosacea – Redness (that is persistent) of the skin on the cheek, nose and chin area with blood vessels that are visible
- Papulopustular Rosacea – Redness of the skin on the cheek, nose and chin area with tiny bumps that look like acne
- Phymatous Rosacea – Persistent redness on the cheek, nose and chin area with thickened skin that has resulted in an enlarged nose
- Ocular Rosacea – Persistent redness of the skin (cheek, nose, and chin) with eye irritations (i.e. dry eye, burning and tearing).
Can Rosacea Be Cured?
How Many Laser Treatments Will I Need?
Who Manufactured The Laser About Face Uses? Is It High Quality?
What Are Alternative Treatments For Rosacea? Do They Work?
Other factors such as reducing stress and watching what you eat can also be beneficial in reducing the severity of the condition. Rosacea can be triggered by various environmental and internal factors so one treatment, in particular, may not be as effective for an individual as another. Dr Campey at About Face Brisbane is a professional and can determine the best treatment plan for your individual skin needs.
With regular laser treatment, we can ensure that your symptoms are maintained and prevent more serious Rosacea-like Rhinophyma from developing.
About Face offers the latest cosmetic medical techniques and technology, tailoring each treatment to suit your individual aesthetic goals.
Our modern clinic has a family-style environment to ensure your comfort while we work with you – to empower you.
How To Reach Us
9/12 Endeavour Blvd (corner of Memorial Drive),
North Lakes QLD 4509
Monday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday: 9am – 5:30pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 6:30pm
Friday: 9am – 4pm
Saturday: 9am – 2pm