URINARY INCONTINENCE TREATMENTS
Bladder Weakness Treatments Without Surgery
Get your care-free lifestyle back, discreetly and without surgery
Unwanted or accidental urine leakage can prevent people from doing things they enjoy. Stress Urinary Incontinence can also be an embarrassing topic which means that, sadly, many people will put up with this common condition and not seek medical help. If you are a woman suffering from Stress Urinary Incontinence, About Face Brisbane can help you get your confidence and quality of life back with quick, surgery-free urinary incontinence treatments for all bladder weakness issues and stress urinary incontinence using our advance IncontiLase technology. The advice on this web page is open and honest – but our revolutionary treatment and services are very discrete.
URINARY INCONTINENCE & BLADDER WEAKNESS TREATMENT
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Is Bladder Weakness Or Stress Urinary Incontinence?
What Are The Causes Of Stress Urinary Incontinence?
The most common causes of Stress Urinary Incontinence in women are:
- Pregnancy and giving birth – which can cause stretching and results in the pelvic floor muscles being weakened. The resulting lack of support to the urethra during normal daily activities causes stress incontinence as extra pressure is placed on the bladder.
- Menopause – a lower amount of the female hormone oestrogen is produced during menopause, which can cause stress incontinence to occur in some women, as their urethra cannot seal properly after passing urine.
Stress incontinence in men is most often a side-effect of prostate surgery. It may take 6 – 12 months to go away by itself, so men suffering urinary stress incontinence post-surgery for prostate
How Does The IncontiLase Laser Treatment Work?
IncontiLase™ is a non-invasive laser therapy for the treatment of mild and moderate stress urinary incontinence.
What Are The Benefits Of IncontiLase Treatment?
- No incisions, cutting or bleeding.
- Safe, quick, easy and non-invasive.
- No downtime or pain relief required.
- Walk-in and walk-out procedure.
How Much Does IncontiLase Cost?
Medicare rebates are available.
Payment plans are also available using both ZipPay and ZipMoney. Click here for more information.
Does Stress Urinary Incontinence Affect Both Men And Women?
Am I Good Candidate For Stress Urinary Incontinence?
What Should I Expect Before, During and After Treatment?
- You will have an initial consultation with our experienced head doctor, Dr Colin Campey.
- You need to give us the results of your most recent pap smear test (conducted twelve months ago or less).
- If you have been keeping a record of your accidental or unwanted urinary leakage, please bring this with you to your initial appointment.
- Please keep in mind that you cannot have IncontiLase laser therapy while you are menstruating. The first phase of your cycle is the best time to receive laser therapy for Stress Urinary Incontinence.
- You do not need to fast before treatment – you can eat and drink as you normally would that day.
During your initial consultation, Dr Campey will examine you to ensure this treatment is suitable for you. Dr Campey will explain the IncontiLase treatment to you in detail and will provide advice on what you need to do after treatment.
After your initial consultation, if you are found to be a suitable candidate for IncontiLase laser therapy, you can choose to either have the treatment right away, or you can take as much time as you need to decide, and book in for treatment at a later date.
Along with Dr Campey, Karen Campey, About Face Brisbane’s qualified laser technician, will be present during the actual procedure. When you are ready for the treatment to begin, we will provide you with a pair of shorts to wear that has a small slit in them, and give you privacy while you change. These shorts ensure you have the maximum amount of privacy during the treatment as you will not have to be naked from the waist down.
At the start of your treatment, there are no needles as no anesthetic is required. You will sit in a comfortable position on a treatment table (wearing your own top and the shorts we provide) in a private treatment room in our modern North Lakes Clinic. A handpiece, which is like a speculum (the handpiece used for a Pap Smear test), is gently inserted through the slit in the shorts into the vagina. This is painless and no incisions are required. Next, the handpiece delivers a series of safe laser pulses. The procedure is simple and quick – it takes only 30 minutes. The procedure is carried out by Dr Colin Campey, with Karen Campey present for the entire procedure to explain each step and answer any questions you might have. Karen has had the treatment performed on herself and will help you feel comfortable and relaxed.
After IncontiLase laser therapy, there is no downtime and you don’t need to take any medication. There is no bleeding, no stitches, and no complications. You don’t need to take antibiotics or use any creams post-treatment. You can drive or return to work straight away.
However, there are a few important instructions you must follow after your treatment. Although you haven’t had surgery, you’ve still had a medical procedure, so you need to follow a few precautions in the short term:
- You need to avoid trauma to the treated area for a couple of weeks after treatment. For this reason, you should not have sexual intercourse for two weeks after your treatment. You should also avoid any (other!) type of strenuous exercise for two weeks, including heavy lifting.
- You should not use tampons for the first four weeks following treatment.
This will be all be explained to you in detail on the day of your treatment, and we’ll give you some information to take home with you as well.
What Are The After-Care Requirements?
- No medications are required.
- No creams are required.
- There is no downtime and you can drive or return to work immediately after treatment.
- You should not have sexual intercourse for two weeks following the procedure.
- You should not perform any strenuous exercise for two weeks following the procedure.
- You should not use tampons for four weeks following the procedure.
- You should not do anything that puts pressure on the bladder and treatment area, such as lifting heavy objects.
All this will be explained to you during your initial consultation and again after your treatment.
When Will I See Results From The Treatment?
You will need to come back and see us if you feel you would like further treatment after two months. Everyone is different and Urinary Stress Incontinence varies from person to person – some women require one treatment, and some require two in total, depending on the severity of leakage they experienced before the procedure.
Is IncontiLase Painful?
I’m Not Ready To Try Laser Treatments Yet – What Else Can I Do?
Laser procedures are extremely common these days, due to rapid and continual advancements in medical science and laser technology. However, it’s understandable for some people to be a little nervous at first when it comes to lasers, especially if they’ve never had any type of laser treatment before and aren’t sure what to expect.
This is why it’s so important to choose a professional clinic that only uses high-quality laser machines, and that treatments are carried out by fully qualified laser technicians and doctors. At About Face Brisbane, IncontiLase treatments are only carried out by our fully qualified and experienced doctor. Our superior quality IncontiLase laser machine was manufactured in Europe by Fotona, the world leader when it comes to medical lasers. At About Face Brisbane, you are in safe and professional hands, always.
If you’d like to try a few things at home to help your Stress Urinary Incontinence, here are a few tips:
- Strengthen your pelvic floor muscles with (regular) Kegel exercises.
- Lose any excess weight. Being overweight increases the likelihood of incontinence.
- If you are a smoker, quitting reduces your risk of developing bladder weakness.
- Treat a chronic cough.
Is IntimaLase The Same As IncontiLase?
IntimaLase will tighten the vaginal walls and reduce vaginal dryness. IncontiLase will result in a degree of vaginal tightening, but not to the same extent as IntimaLase. For detailed information on the best way to achieve a tighter vagina, visit our IntimaLase page.
Will Having An IncontiLase Treatment Stop Me From Being Able To Have A Baby?
About Face offers the latest cosmetic medical techniques and technology, tailoring each treatment to suit your individual aesthetic goals.
Our modern clinic has a family-style environment to ensure your comfort while we work with you – to empower you.
How To Reach Us
9/12 Endeavour Blvd (corner of Memorial Drive),
North Lakes QLD 4509
Monday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday: 9am – 5:30pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 6:30pm
Friday: 9am – 4pm
Saturday: 9am – 2pm