Hyperhidrosis Treatment for excessive sweating
Hyperhidrosis treatment Brisbane for excessive sweating will leave you sweat-free and stress-free
Hyperhidrosis treatment for excessive sweating is About Face Brisbane’s easy and effective solution to severe sweating. Severe or excessive sweating can cause sufferers of this common condition a lot of anxiety, especially in social situations. The good news is that our muscle relaxant injectable treatment for severe sweating is very tolerable and quick with no downtime. Even better news is that the results can last for as long as nine months. You will see the difference in a few days and be on your way to a new confident, stress-free self with only the small stuff to sweat about.
Hyperhidrosis treatment: how does it work to stop excessive sweating?
Hyperhidrosis treatment involves injections using very fine needles with the naturally occurring chemical Botulinum toxin type A that temporarily disables the sweat glands. It does this by blocking chemical transmissions from nerves to the sweat glands. Hyperhidrosis treatment targets the over-active sweat glands, and once the sweat-gland stimulating signal has been blocked, the sweating stops.
Hyperhidrosis treatment: what is hyperhidrosis exactly?
Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition characterized by abnormally increased sweating or perspiration in excess of that required for normal regulation of the body’s temperature. It can be generalized (in many places on a person’s body) or localized to specific parts of the body in regions of relatively high concentration of sweat glands.
The following body areas can be affected by Hyperhidrosis:
- Constant or excessive sweating of the underarms can lead to some sufferers resorting to showering many times during the day in an attempt to avoid embarrassing body odour and visible wet patches. These constant under-arm wet patches often result in people avoiding social situations and continually changing their clothes.
- Excessive or constant sweaty palms can be embarrassing and uncomfortable, both at work and in social situations, and can cause people to avoid every day, simple activities like shaking hands. Hyperhidrosis of the hands can even be dangerous, as it can affect gripping items, or stop people from being able to do their jobs properly through interfering with their ability to write.
- Sufferers whose feet sweat severely or constantly feel the need to change their socks throughout the day and even avoid taking off their shoes in public for fear of foot odour. Wearing open-toed shoes that don’t require socksdoesn’t solve the problem as Hyperhidrosis of the feet can make wearing thongs or sandals very difficult due to the slippery feet this annoying condition causes.
- Facial hyperhidrosis involves heat surges, that are uncontrollable, to the face. This daily face sweating may get worse when attention is drawn to the problem. Understandably, face sweating can really reduce a sufferers’ confidence and make them avoid social events.
Make it go away!
As you can see, severe sweating is a huge problem for many reasons, but About Face Brisbane can easily treat this condition for you with their non-surgical and safe muscle relaxant treatment for Hyperhidrosis.
What are the benefits of Hyperhidrosis treatment?
Hyperhidrosis treatment is life -hanging both socially and psychologically because:
- you will see results in the first week of having the treatment
- the effects are long lasting
- you’ll love the added freedom – you can wear what you want when you want
- it improves self-confidence in social and work situations
- the treatment is quick, only 30 minutes, but the excellent results can last up to 9 months.
An additional benefit is that a portion of treatment cost can be claimed back through Medicare.
What will happen before, during and after Hyperhidrosis treatment?
Before Hyperhidrosis treatment:
At About Face Brisbane you will have an initial consultation with Dr Colin Campey who will discuss your condition and advise you of the right treatment plan for your needs. You have the option to book a treatment at a later date or proceed with the procedure at the time of your consultation.
Before the treatment begins Dr Campey will clean the area to be treated with alcohol wipes. A numbing cream can be applied if desired or often clients choose to have ice applied just before the injections.
During Hyperhidrosis treatment:
A fine needle will be used to inject the Botulinum into the underarm. 12 to 18 tiny injections will be carried out under each arm. This process takes 60 to 90 seconds for each armpit and the sensation feels like tiny pin pricks which are very tolerable.
The same treatment can be performed by Dr Campey for the hands, feet and the face.
Following Hyperhidrosis treatment:
Once the procedure is finished you can continue with your daily activities as you won’t need any downtime or experience any major pain. On rare occasions, a small number of patients may experience mild swelling, bumps, mild bruising or redness but these are mild and do not last longer than one week.
What are Hyperhidrosis treatment Brisbane prices?
A consultation for Hyperhidrosis is approximately $50 with a rebate back from Medicare of $38.
A single treatment cost starts from approximately $500 for the underarms. A portion of this cost will be rebated by Medicare. You can zipPay this treatment and enjoy only paying for a small amount of it up front. Please note – zipMoney is a different payment method and is not available on About Face Brisbane treatments.
Hyperhidrosis treatment Brisbane to stop severe sweating: more useful information
Do Hyperhidrosis treatments hurt?
The tiny needles cause only a mild and very brief (lasting for a second or two) stinging sensation. Dr Campey will ensure that there is only very minor discomfort.
Are there any side effects following Hyperhidrosis treatment?
There are very few side effects after Hyperhidrosis treatment and all are mild and temporary. The main ones are:
- tenderness, pain and bruising at the injection site which can be sore for 2-3 days
- a slight headache which can be easily managed by taking ibuprofen or paracetamol.
As will all medications, the chance that some people will suffer more persistent side effects does exist, but this occurs very rarely. These are:
- nausea and flu-like symptoms
- sore or weak muscles near the injection site due to the Botulinum Type A spreading out from the target site and affecting a nearby nerve
- increased sweating in another part of the body.
Can both women and men be treated for severe sweating?
Yes, Hyperhidrosis treatment is effective for both men and women who suffer from excessive sweating. However, women who are breastfeeding or pregnant (or might be pregnant) cannot be treated as this is contra indicated to the treatment.
How can I try to lessen my sweating without having a treatment?
Aside from the usual good hygiene measures of daily showering and wearing loose clothes made from natural fibres there are antiperspirants which you can buy over the counter which contains aluminium chloride hexahydrate (Driclor or Anhydrol Forte). These are applied to clean and dried skin and left on overnight before washing off in the morning. They are moderately effective for some people, and for some people they make little difference. Driclor costs around $16 at chemists in Queensland, and this can really add up over a nine-month period ($144) if you need to buy one bottle of it a month.
An easier and far more effective alternative is to have an About Face Brisbane Hyperhidrosis treatment and be sweat free and stress-free.
How long do the results last?
The treatment can have the patient free of symptoms for up to 9 months. It is best to get a follow-up treatment every 12 months.
How is the medicine that stops severe sweating made?
The bacterium Clostridium botulinum is a bacterium which produces botulinum toxin. This chemical is purified and turned into safe muscle relaxants, which are injected under the skin to stop excessive sweating. Type A Botulinum toxin is approved for cosmetic and medical use in Australia and 84 other countries worldwide. For example, muscle relaxants are also used by Dr Campey and our registered nurse to remove frown lines and wrinkles. They can even be used to help with teeth-grinding and migraines. Dr Campey can tell you more about this during your consultation if you are interested.
If you have any further questions or would like to make a booking for Hyperhidrosis treatment our friendly staff are ready to answer your phone call on 07 3842 2999 from Monday to Saturday or email us anytime at email@example.com.